Hint- It's not the obvious one.
Here is the question:
What is the number one reason men give for cheating on their partner?
a) Primarily sexual dissatisfaction
b) Other/ no dissatisfaction
c) Equal emotional and sexual dissatisfaction
d) Primarily emotional dissatisfaction
a) Primarily sexual dissatisfaction - 8%
b) Other/ no dissatisfaction - 12%
c) Equal emotional and sexual dissatisfaction - 32%
d) Primarily emotional dissatisfaction - 48%
This statistic comes from M. Gary Neuman's book "The Truth about Cheating: Why Men Stray and What you can do About it."
According to Neuman, when men don't feel sufficiently valued or validated by their partners for the contributions to the relationship, they are more likely to stray.
Here are some other tidbits from the book.
According to Numen only 12% said the mistress was more beautiful than the wife or partner.
Numan says according to his research, "the number one way the other woman differed from the cheating man's wife was that she made him feel wanted, loved and appreciated - 28%."
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Mexican Team Develops Cosmic Ray Detector For The Large Hadron Collider
- Gaming on Windows 10 Build 10122, The Good, The Bad and The Malfunctioning. (UPDATE 10130 same issues)
- San Andreas, The Movie: 5 Geology Facts Versus Fictions
- Will Female Viagra Be An FDA Boner?
- The Atlantic Ocean's Cool Phase Will Change The World's Weather
- Amphetamine is Awesome
- Mystery Of Morgellons - Disease Or Delusion - Scientific Hypothesis Of Connection With Lyme Disease
- "No, too much blood for my taste :)T...."
- "From my interactions with international female students, they pretty much all say that science..."
- "Thanks for the comments! My limited experience with the FDA has given me the impression that..."
- "Thanks for the excellent analysis. Compare it, though, to the recent material here in S2.0 about..."
- "We usually tried to avoid ethanol for obvious reasons, but were fine with DMSO. Didn't much care..."