Hint- It's not the obvious one.
Here is the question:
What is the number one reason men give for cheating on their partner?
a) Primarily sexual dissatisfaction
b) Other/ no dissatisfaction
c) Equal emotional and sexual dissatisfaction
d) Primarily emotional dissatisfaction
a) Primarily sexual dissatisfaction - 8%
b) Other/ no dissatisfaction - 12%
c) Equal emotional and sexual dissatisfaction - 32%
d) Primarily emotional dissatisfaction - 48%
This statistic comes from M. Gary Neuman's book "The Truth about Cheating: Why Men Stray and What you can do About it."
According to Neuman, when men don't feel sufficiently valued or validated by their partners for the contributions to the relationship, they are more likely to stray.
Here are some other tidbits from the book.
According to Numen only 12% said the mistress was more beautiful than the wife or partner.
Numan says according to his research, "the number one way the other woman differed from the cheating man's wife was that she made him feel wanted, loved and appreciated - 28%."
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Doomsday Dashboard Makes Tracking The Apocalypse Convenient
- 2 New Species Of Primitive Fish Discovered
- Intellectually Gifted Kids And Learning Disabilities Often Go Hand In Hand
- Fighting Plagiarism In Scientific Papers
- Holistically Tuned - The Brain Sees Words As Pictures, Not A Series Of Letters
- The White House Plan To Combat Antibiotic Resistance
- Climate Change Is Not Causing Extreme Winters
- "I remember the good old days when Duck and Cover was regularly practiced, and I dutifully got under..."
- "Sure, the NRC went down the path to ruin because George W. Bush put Harry Reid's lap dog in charge..."
- "With the Republicans in charge of Congress now, we're certainly having to get used to people with..."
- "Climate change? Are you buying the misuse of language and science? When did the climate not change..."
- "Except there was almost no war in the winter of 1939-40. Poland fell in two weeks before winter..."
Books By Writers Here