Hint- It's not the obvious one.
Here is the question:
What is the number one reason men give for cheating on their partner?
a) Primarily sexual dissatisfaction
b) Other/ no dissatisfaction
c) Equal emotional and sexual dissatisfaction
d) Primarily emotional dissatisfaction
a) Primarily sexual dissatisfaction - 8%
b) Other/ no dissatisfaction - 12%
c) Equal emotional and sexual dissatisfaction - 32%
d) Primarily emotional dissatisfaction - 48%
This statistic comes from M. Gary Neuman's book "The Truth about Cheating: Why Men Stray and What you can do About it."
According to Neuman, when men don't feel sufficiently valued or validated by their partners for the contributions to the relationship, they are more likely to stray.
Here are some other tidbits from the book.
According to Numen only 12% said the mistress was more beautiful than the wife or partner.
Numan says according to his research, "the number one way the other woman differed from the cheating man's wife was that she made him feel wanted, loved and appreciated - 28%."
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- A Vegetarian Carnivorous Plant...Wait, What?
- Parkinson’s Disease Reverted In Rats
- Wave-Particle Duality' And Quantum Uncertainty - Two Sides Of The Same Mystery?
- Mental Illnesses Run In Families, So How Can We Protect Children?
- Guest Post: Ben Allanach, On Open Access
- Only One Third Of Dr. Oz Show Recommendations Is Believable, Finds Analysis
- Dr. Ozvorkian And The Amoebas
- "I wonder how ordinary MDs and specialists would do if subjected to the same level scrutiny? Probably..."
- "Given that I see my doctor whenever I am ill and I trust my doctor's judgment in all except the..."
- "This is a much better summary of the study than a lot of the articles out there. People make..."
- "Every theoretical astrophysicist disagrees with you. No they don't. Most agree that black holes..."
- "If you call other people deniers, aren't they then entitled to call you cockroach?..."