Hint- It's not the obvious one.
Here is the question:
What is the number one reason men give for cheating on their partner?
a) Primarily sexual dissatisfaction
b) Other/ no dissatisfaction
c) Equal emotional and sexual dissatisfaction
d) Primarily emotional dissatisfaction
a) Primarily sexual dissatisfaction - 8%
b) Other/ no dissatisfaction - 12%
c) Equal emotional and sexual dissatisfaction - 32%
d) Primarily emotional dissatisfaction - 48%
This statistic comes from M. Gary Neuman's book "The Truth about Cheating: Why Men Stray and What you can do About it."
According to Neuman, when men don't feel sufficiently valued or validated by their partners for the contributions to the relationship, they are more likely to stray.
Here are some other tidbits from the book.
According to Numen only 12% said the mistress was more beautiful than the wife or partner.
Numan says according to his research, "the number one way the other woman differed from the cheating man's wife was that she made him feel wanted, loved and appreciated - 28%."
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Questions a Surface Pro 3 user has about Windows 10.
- Ice Loss Due To Warming Is Even Changing Gravity
- Top Mass: CMS Again On Top!
- Sterile Neutrinos Remain Elusive
- Why Crowdfunding Publisher Unbound Poses A Threat To Literary Prizes
- Publish, Blog, Tweet: Furthering One's Career In Science Today
- How Myths And Tabloids Feed On Anomalies In Science
- "Yeah. I think they decided to go with Windows 10 just to shake up people who were waiting..."
- "And of course one of the saddest things about this negative attitude among the public is that support..."
- "This column is always very informative: in the present instance my first alert that Windows 10..."
- "Haha, you're seriously conflating completely speculative ideas such as SUSY with the quark model..."
- "I don't know about that. MS makes much of it's money off enterprises. Massive multinational..."