Hint- It's not the obvious one.
Here is the question:
What is the number one reason men give for cheating on their partner?
a) Primarily sexual dissatisfaction
b) Other/ no dissatisfaction
c) Equal emotional and sexual dissatisfaction
d) Primarily emotional dissatisfaction
a) Primarily sexual dissatisfaction - 8%
b) Other/ no dissatisfaction - 12%
c) Equal emotional and sexual dissatisfaction - 32%
d) Primarily emotional dissatisfaction - 48%
This statistic comes from M. Gary Neuman's book "The Truth about Cheating: Why Men Stray and What you can do About it."
According to Neuman, when men don't feel sufficiently valued or validated by their partners for the contributions to the relationship, they are more likely to stray.
Here are some other tidbits from the book.
According to Numen only 12% said the mistress was more beautiful than the wife or partner.
Numan says according to his research, "the number one way the other woman differed from the cheating man's wife was that she made him feel wanted, loved and appreciated - 28%."
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- NO End Of World Today! AWFUL "Silly Season" Story
- My Applied National Security Paper. Being President Isn't For Idiots.
- Why An Extra Planet Can't Be Hidden Behind The Sun Or Above The South Pole
- Mind The (Risk Perception) Gap On BPA
- I am Sorry Retractions and First Ever Book Recommendation
- In France, There Is STEM Bias Too - Against Men
- This House Is Crap
- "Is 1950 DA bigger than chicxclub meteor sorry that I butchered the word ..."
- "I don't think iran wants nuclear weapons.and they are signatories of NPT.if they desire nuclear..."
- "hello mark! if you mean Ms. Wilhemina Pelegrina, I really like her name. very beautiful name. I..."
- "Not sure how we switched from discussing no-existent Golden Rice to inherently unsafe Nuclear Power..."
- "Great glad I helped to calm you down :). Okay, it's a matter of probabilities, you can't say that..."
- Tracking how HIV disrupts immune system informs vaccine development
- Green monkeys acquired Staphylococcus aureus from humans
- Researchers find molecular switch that triggers bacterial pathogenicity
- Scientists identify immunological profiles of people who make powerful HIV antibodies
- Breastfeeding associated with better brain development and neurocognitive outcomes