It's Valentine's Day and the wonders of nature are getting in on the act. Luckily, ESA was there to capture the memories.
Here, for your enjoyment, are the numerous ways the cosmos and the Earth hearts you. If you want to see their slideshow with music, go here. If you want all of the science of Valentine's Day, go here
Proba image of Tupai Island, French Polynesia. Credit: ESA
Sebkha Te-n-Dghamcha depression in Mauritania. Credit:ESA
Solar coronal mass ejection. Credit: ESA/NASA
South Aral Sea Central Asia. Credit: USGS
The Nile Delta. Credit: ESA/NASA
Eben Atoll Marshall Islands. Credit: ESA/NASA
Galesnjak island croatia shaped like a heart. Credit: JAXA/ESA
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Acceptance Of Evolution Is Far Higher Than Acceptance Of Other Biology
- 'Healthy' Fat Tissue Could Be Key To Reversing Type 2 Diabetes
- BICEP2 Found Interstellar Dust, Not Primordial Gravitational Waves
- Fewer Wild Fish Needed: Genetically Modified Plants Produce Omega-3 Fish Oil
- Hardwired For Miscommunication? Why Women Think Sex When Men Just Want To Be Friends
- Where Did The Missing BP Oil Go? The Gulf Of Mexico Floor
- The ATLAS Top Production Asymmetry And One Thing I Do Not Like Of It
- "This is such an important article. Thank you! After reading the book, Teaming with Microbes: A..."
- "Why? Isn't it like saying 'I won't eat anything but wild strawberries'? If everyone adopted that..."
- "The problem is that women are more likely to compromise when they shouldn't. This may be because..."
- "The best state is Mississippi, which is poor, uneducated, religious and Republican, all things..."
- "Good news, if it can be made economically viable. For now, though, I still won't touch farmed fish...."