It's Valentine's Day and the wonders of nature are getting in on the act. Luckily, ESA was there to capture the memories.
Here, for your enjoyment, are the numerous ways the cosmos and the Earth hearts you. If you want to see their slideshow with music, go here. If you want all of the science of Valentine's Day, go here
Proba image of Tupai Island, French Polynesia. Credit: ESA
Sebkha Te-n-Dghamcha depression in Mauritania. Credit:ESA
Solar coronal mass ejection. Credit: ESA/NASA
South Aral Sea Central Asia. Credit: USGS
The Nile Delta. Credit: ESA/NASA
Eben Atoll Marshall Islands. Credit: ESA/NASA
Galesnjak island croatia shaped like a heart. Credit: JAXA/ESA
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Another One Bites The Dust - WW Cross Section Gets Back Where It Belongs
- Ontario Agriculture Minister Can't Even Pronounce Varroa Mites
- 1 Hockey Helmet Gets Best Safety Rating
- Study Shows Association Between Migraine And Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Spring Flukes: New 3-Sigma Signals From LHCb And ATLAS
- Herpes: Cytomegalovirus Hijacks Human Enzyme For Replication
- "I applaud Science 2.0 for bringing this study to light for the public. I perform nerve decompression..."
- "This is very interesting. Our media especially tend to feed the population with stuff about..."
- "This ranks among the most idiotic drivel I've ever read. To take a couple basic examples... Cognitive..."
- "Whats the bet this experiment can't be reproduced?..."
- "I agree that your phone won't crash the plane; and I agree that probably there never was any danger..."