It's Valentine's Day and the wonders of nature are getting in on the act. Luckily, ESA was there to capture the memories.
Here, for your enjoyment, are the numerous ways the cosmos and the Earth hearts you. If you want to see their slideshow with music, go here. If you want all of the science of Valentine's Day, go here
Proba image of Tupai Island, French Polynesia. Credit: ESA
Sebkha Te-n-Dghamcha depression in Mauritania. Credit:ESA
Solar coronal mass ejection. Credit: ESA/NASA
South Aral Sea Central Asia. Credit: USGS
The Nile Delta. Credit: ESA/NASA
Eben Atoll Marshall Islands. Credit: ESA/NASA
Galesnjak island croatia shaped like a heart. Credit: JAXA/ESA
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- How Gut Bacteria Ensure A Healthy Brain – and Could Play A Role In Treating Depression
- Researchers Created A Laser Bullet To See What It Would Look Like - And Here It Is
- We're Too Late To Prevent 137,000 More Ebola Cases, Says Epidemiology Paper
- The Strange Organic Molecules In Titan's Atmosphere
- The Quote Of The Week - Shocked And Disappointed
- Type 1 Diabetes Surges In White Kids
- As Seen on TV: Advertising’s Influence on Alcohol Abuse
- "On the luminosity leveling : my limited understanding is that at hl-lhc, the beam lifetime is completely..."
- "The “non-negotiable mathematical reasons” for raising the height of flood defences are in a..."
- "For background, look at Paul Bloom’s 2004 book Descartes’ Baby. This has interesting material..."
- " It is possible that survival of Ebola virus victims would be much improved if an artificial fever..."
- "Priceless! I really needed a kick in the pants to get me to laugh at myself and this post did it..."
- US Ebola hysteria and money pit highlight lack of resources to confront diseases that kill far more people
- Addiction can be measured by epigenetics
- Coffee grounds turned biofuel can heat your home
- Bill and Melinda Gates on GMOs: ‘Poor farmers should not be denied choice of life-saving tools’
- Why do foodies love organics? Because they taste like McDonald’s!
- GMO milk? An enviros dream innovation that most enviros oppose
- Global boom in hydropower expected this decade
- For brain hemorrhage, risk of death is lower at high-volume hospitals
- Roman-Britons had less gum disease than modern Britons
- 'Swingers' multiple drug use heightens risk of sexually transmitted diseases
- Were clinical trial practices in East Germany questionable?