It's Valentine's Day and the wonders of nature are getting in on the act. Luckily, ESA was there to capture the memories.
Here, for your enjoyment, are the numerous ways the cosmos and the Earth hearts you. If you want to see their slideshow with music, go here. If you want all of the science of Valentine's Day, go here
Proba image of Tupai Island, French Polynesia. Credit: ESA
Sebkha Te-n-Dghamcha depression in Mauritania. Credit:ESA
Solar coronal mass ejection. Credit: ESA/NASA
South Aral Sea Central Asia. Credit: USGS
The Nile Delta. Credit: ESA/NASA
Eben Atoll Marshall Islands. Credit: ESA/NASA
Galesnjak island croatia shaped like a heart. Credit: JAXA/ESA
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- B0 Meson Lifetime Difference Measured By ATLAS
- Case For Moon: Humanity's Gateway To The Solar System - Open Ended Exploration With Planetary Protection At Its Heart
- Energy Consumption Will Increase 48% By 2040, Led By Countries Exempt From Climate Treaties
- The Politics Of Antibiotic Resistance Factor MCR
- Italian Food Scientists Are Tired Of Phony Cheese
- Sweet Irony: The Environmental Impacts Of GMO Sugar Science Denial
- Ancient DNA Study Finds Phoenician From Carthage Had European Ancestry
- "Both the Pacific Salmon Forum and the Cohen Commission agree there is scant evidence farming salmon..."
- "If interested in an electromagnetic model of the photon structure and its absorption process, as..."
- "I agree with you in theory, but in the case of this particular salmon, I do not think it will turn..."
- "Homeopathy is based on the ‘like cures like’ principle: if a substance causes a set of symptoms..."
- "scuentific ?????????..."
- Expert urges voluntary family planning to mitigate climate change
- Research reveals that sharks have individual personalities
- New compound switches between liquid and solid states when exposed to light or heat
- Strathclyde study identifies descendants of medieval Scottish king
- The taste or smell of foods can affect aging, say scientists