It's Valentine's Day and the wonders of nature are getting in on the act. Luckily, ESA was there to capture the memories.
Here, for your enjoyment, are the numerous ways the cosmos and the Earth hearts you. If you want to see their slideshow with music, go here. If you want all of the science of Valentine's Day, go here
Proba image of Tupai Island, French Polynesia. Credit: ESA
Sebkha Te-n-Dghamcha depression in Mauritania. Credit:ESA
Solar coronal mass ejection. Credit: ESA/NASA
South Aral Sea Central Asia. Credit: USGS
The Nile Delta. Credit: ESA/NASA
Eben Atoll Marshall Islands. Credit: ESA/NASA
Galesnjak island croatia shaped like a heart. Credit: JAXA/ESA
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Sun's Impact On Climate Is Greater In Cool Periods
- The Law has Failed, Not Forensic Science
- The Real Meaning Of The Blue Black White Gold Dress
- How Mr. Spock Changed Our Perception Of Science
- How Would Life Develop If Fundamental Physics Constants Were Different?
- How Small Can Life Get? These Ultra-Small Bacteria May Be At The Limit
- Most Common Genetic Disease In The West - New Treatment?
- "initiatives from which Kafadar, Mazza, and others in similar positions stand to enjoy considerable..."
- "This is complete nonsense. I suppose it sells for the Joe Mercola audience and other anti-science..."
- "Dr. Maurice Hilleman, the creator of the measles and many other vaccines, admits in this interview..."
- "Thank you Helen for your comment. Yes, it could affect any one of us, for sure. By the way, I lost..."
- "I find it interesting that now while we are in a period of global cooling, the man-made climate..."