It's Valentine's Day and the wonders of nature are getting in on the act. Luckily, ESA was there to capture the memories.
Here, for your enjoyment, are the numerous ways the cosmos and the Earth hearts you. If you want to see their slideshow with music, go here. If you want all of the science of Valentine's Day, go here
Proba image of Tupai Island, French Polynesia. Credit: ESA
Sebkha Te-n-Dghamcha depression in Mauritania. Credit:ESA
Solar coronal mass ejection. Credit: ESA/NASA
South Aral Sea Central Asia. Credit: USGS
The Nile Delta. Credit: ESA/NASA
Eben Atoll Marshall Islands. Credit: ESA/NASA
Galesnjak island croatia shaped like a heart. Credit: JAXA/ESA
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Anti-Vaccine Beliefs Raced Around The World While Science Was Putting On Its Shoes
- Standards needed for post-conviction review of scientific evidence
- James Hansen: To Mitigate Climate Change, Nuclear Energy Should Be Included
- The Era Of The Atom
- Cardiovascular Risk Factors And Alzheimer's Disease Genetic Overlap
- Will Asteroid 2012 TC4 Hit Earth in October 2017?
- Patrick Matthew, The Overlooked Third Man Of Natural Selection
- "Hi R,thanks for participating in this absurd context, and for your guess. I explained what ..."
- "Well, congratulations, you got close. Indeed this is a parameter space of new physics - but..."
- "Co2, has little effect on incoming solar IR, wrong wavelengths. It does interact with out going..."
- "Beautiful, isn't it? There is a law universal in nature.... And of course human culture is as much..."
- "It should tell you all you need to know about vaccine safety when those who manufacture vaccines..."