It's Valentine's Day and the wonders of nature are getting in on the act. Luckily, ESA was there to capture the memories.
Here, for your enjoyment, are the numerous ways the cosmos and the Earth hearts you. If you want to see their slideshow with music, go here. If you want all of the science of Valentine's Day, go here
Proba image of Tupai Island, French Polynesia. Credit: ESA
Sebkha Te-n-Dghamcha depression in Mauritania. Credit:ESA
Solar coronal mass ejection. Credit: ESA/NASA
South Aral Sea Central Asia. Credit: USGS
The Nile Delta. Credit: ESA/NASA
Eben Atoll Marshall Islands. Credit: ESA/NASA
Galesnjak island croatia shaped like a heart. Credit: JAXA/ESA
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Questions a Surface Pro 3 user has about Windows 10.
- Ice Loss Due To Warming Is Even Changing Gravity
- Top Mass: CMS Again On Top!
- The Enemy Of Archaeology Is Not People, It's Salt
- Sterile Neutrinos Remain Elusive
- Publish, Blog, Tweet: Furthering One's Career In Science Today
- Sharks Have Personalities
- "I know quite a few older women who prefer and are dating much younger men but then that may also..."
- "Validating my ethical concerns about this paper, the NIH version now has the following disclaimer..."
- "While demonstrating the versatility of the 555, in this case using it as a Schmitt trigger by shorting..."
- "I'm not sure why you are so focused on longevity. It is not unheard of for some ancient persons..."
- "Yeah. I think they decided to go with Windows 10 just to shake up people who were waiting..."
- New study finds link between depression and abnormal brain response to visceral pain in patients with IBS
- HHS releases 13th Report on Carcinogens
- Common painkillers combined with other drugs may cause high risk of GI bleeding
- Dog's epigenome gives clues to human cancer
- Horizon Report urges schools to tackle 'wicked' digital skills challenge