My Heart and Soul is in space. There is not a shred of doubt about that. Since I was a little girl my head has been turned in an upward direction - often both physically and mentally. Come Valentine's Day and my thoughts go straight into space.
The Heart and Soul Nebulae side by side in Cassiopeia. Credit: John Corban&the ESA/ESO/NASA Photoshop FITS Liberator
My heart is in hard science and I uphold until death that space saves lives. If you cannot imagine that without some help you can take a quick look at one example from NASA spin-offs that literally helps hearts pumping. An that is just one example. There are many more and you can read about general aspects and get more examples in How Hard Science Saves Lives.
The Heart nebula IC 1805 in Cassiopeia painted with a Hubble palette by Terry Hancock from Down Under Observatory. This nebula is an emission nebula showing glowing gas and darker dust lanes and you'll find it 7500 light years away from Earth.
My Valentine goes to hard science and space!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Planck on BICEP2 "It turns out that the part of the dust had been significantly underestimated." UPDATED
- Prevent Alzheimer's Disease By Drinking Beer?
- Acceptance Of Evolution Is Far Higher Than Acceptance Of Other Biology
- The ATLAS Top Production Asymmetry And One Thing I Do Not Like Of It
- Hardwired For Miscommunication? Why Women Think Sex When Men Just Want To Be Friends
- New Rapid Test Kit Detects Dengue Antibodies From Saliva
- "Yes, Tommaso including those expressive eyes, they look a bit tired. Nice camera...."
- "Indeed, very nice!T...."
- "Hi,when you find out for sure you made a mistake, you have the obligation to correct it. But inmost..."
- "The background brings to mind the work produced by Emma Biggs and Matthew Collings, which I like..."
- " Beyond Einstein and E=mc2 pp.546, Chapters 7 Publisher, Cambridge International Science Publisher..."
- Black beauty meteorite may represent 'bulk background' of Mars' battered crust
- One of the world's rarest large cats, the Saharan cheetah, caught on film!
- Hot spots mapped: Arsenic taints many U.S. wells
- Copy number variations: Sequencing genetic duplications could aid clinical interpretation
- Study analyzes Internet, mobile and video game effects on young users