My Heart and Soul is in space. There is not a shred of doubt about that. Since I was a little girl my head has been turned in an upward direction - often both physically and mentally. Come Valentine's Day and my thoughts go straight into space.
The Heart and Soul Nebulae side by side in Cassiopeia. Credit: John Corban&the ESA/ESO/NASA Photoshop FITS Liberator
My heart is in hard science and I uphold until death that space saves lives. If you cannot imagine that without some help you can take a quick look at one example from NASA spin-offs that literally helps hearts pumping. An that is just one example. There are many more and you can read about general aspects and get more examples in How Hard Science Saves Lives.
The Heart nebula IC 1805 in Cassiopeia painted with a Hubble palette by Terry Hancock from Down Under Observatory. This nebula is an emission nebula showing glowing gas and darker dust lanes and you'll find it 7500 light years away from Earth.
My Valentine goes to hard science and space!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Suggestion: The EM Drive Is Getting The Appropriate Level Of Attention From The Science Community
- Junk Science Report Card
- Animal Sex Is Spicier Than We Thought
- Will Aspartame Critics Now Be Less Bitter?
- Review Claims Link Between Wireless Devices And Cancer
- Bang! Meet The Highest-Energy Hadron Collision Ever Imaged!
- The Heat Is Still On Dr. Oz
- "Your headline is unscientific and your talking points are old, I feel like I've read this piece..."
- "I guess it's time to plan some farewell glacier tour hikes. The ones in Glacier National Park and..."
- "So how much poison did you ingest sitting at your PC copying and pasting all of that stuff? You..."
- "Wow, you just waste my 20 minutes with your conditioned mind full of shitty concepts..Well played..."
- "Herman J. Muller, 1927 paper, radiation causes genetic mutations, these mistakes will cause extinction..."
- Excessive or inadequate? Confusion about medication is common
- Breast cancer in young women is rarer than media make it seem
- GE crops could save the planet, if Organic advocates let them
- No excuses to be against science now: Monsanto patent expires
- The Pendulum Swings: Prescribing Hormone Replacement Therapy 13 Years After the Women’s Health Initiative Study
- The search for new blood donors ends at the living – but why?