My Heart and Soul is in space. There is not a shred of doubt about that. Since I was a little girl my head has been turned in an upward direction - often both physically and mentally. Come Valentine's Day and my thoughts go straight into space.
The Heart and Soul Nebulae side by side in Cassiopeia. Credit: John Corban&the ESA/ESO/NASA Photoshop FITS Liberator
My heart is in hard science and I uphold until death that space saves lives. If you cannot imagine that without some help you can take a quick look at one example from NASA spin-offs that literally helps hearts pumping. An that is just one example. There are many more and you can read about general aspects and get more examples in How Hard Science Saves Lives.
The Heart nebula IC 1805 in Cassiopeia painted with a Hubble palette by Terry Hancock from Down Under Observatory. This nebula is an emission nebula showing glowing gas and darker dust lanes and you'll find it 7500 light years away from Earth.
My Valentine goes to hard science and space!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- New President - Pivot To Moon On Way To Mars? Lunar Spelunking & Science Surprises
- BPA-Free, With Regrets
- A Dimuon Particle At 30 GeV In ALEPH ??
- A Racist On The Jews: Let The Donald Trump!
- Debunking: A President Of The US Could Order A Nuclear Attack At A Moments Notice On A Whim
- Who Is Trying To Destroy The Internet?
- President Obama, Why Humans On Mars Right Now Are Bad For Science
- "That's normal. The people who contact me about this often feel scared for a fair while after they..."
- "So why is it then that i feel so so scared and actually think that these people might actually..."
- "Hi Zack, yes it's not real. When they say it goes back to 1983, they are talking about the ideas..."
- "Hey there there sir you have probably had this one already whats the story with nibiru planet x..."
- "Yes did a post about this on my debunking doomsday blogDEBUNKING DOOMSDAYDebunked: NASA says that..."
- SIDS Recommendations Evolving Beyond 'Back to Sleep'
- SIDS recommendations are evolving beyond 'Back to Sleep'
- Two Women at Johns Hopkins Are Reinventing How Antibiotics Are Used
- Necrotizing Fasciitis: Calm Down, You (Probably) Won't Die from Flesh-Eating Vibrio vulnificus
- Have Pain? Pick Your Poison
- Genetic/Genomic Tests Inform Breast Cancer Treatment Decisions