My Heart and Soul is in space. There is not a shred of doubt about that. Since I was a little girl my head has been turned in an upward direction - often both physically and mentally. Come Valentine's Day and my thoughts go straight into space.
The Heart and Soul Nebulae side by side in Cassiopeia. Credit: John Corban&the ESA/ESO/NASA Photoshop FITS Liberator
My heart is in hard science and I uphold until death that space saves lives. If you cannot imagine that without some help you can take a quick look at one example from NASA spin-offs that literally helps hearts pumping. An that is just one example. There are many more and you can read about general aspects and get more examples in How Hard Science Saves Lives.
The Heart nebula IC 1805 in Cassiopeia painted with a Hubble palette by Terry Hancock from Down Under Observatory. This nebula is an emission nebula showing glowing gas and darker dust lanes and you'll find it 7500 light years away from Earth.
My Valentine goes to hard science and space!
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Double Dose Of Bad Earthquake News
- How Gut Inflammation Sparks Colon Cancer
- Why This New "Planet X" Is No Threat To Earth :).
- From The Great Wall To The Great Collider
- The Greenhouse Effect Fallacy
- When Conservationists Stop With 'Park Vs. People' Thinking, Wildlife Wins
- A Conservative Argument For Genetic Modification Of Embryos
- "Person killed by meteorite: http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/vellore-explosion..."
- " Not to put words in the authors mouth I believe what he is referring to is the attribution of..."
- "This is all just fear-mongering, clap-trap! If things go according to these prediction, but no..."
- "like the sages of israel say g-d created the rules and he dont owe anyone anything weather this..."
- "This is not surprising. In fact in a cohort with autism in general who did not have this specific..."
- Here’s Why Surge in Hepatitis B Cases is No Surprise
- Whooping Cough Booster Declines Rapidly Over 4 Years
- Unapproved Stem Cell Therapies, a Public Health Menace
- Enjoying the Sun’s Vitamin D, While Blocking Skin Cancer
- Norovirus: From Satan’s Biohazard Lab To Your Duodenum
- Health Briefs: What You Missed Over the Weekend
- Stress could help activate brown fat
- Air pollution exposure during pregnancy linked with asthma risk
- Exposure to air pollution 30 years ago associated with increased risk of death
- Diabetes drug shown to help body rebuild after heart attack
- New evidence gives women informed choice in the prolapse surgery debate