NASA is hosting a news teleconference to announce black hole observations from its newest X-ray telescope, the Nuclear Spectroscopic Telescope Array (NuSTAR), and the European Space Agency's XMM-Newton X-ray telescope.
This is obviously big news and has been hinted at for a while. Check it out.
The briefing participants are:
-- Fiona Harrison, NuSTAR principal investigator, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, Calif.
-- Guido Risaliti, astronomer, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, Cambridge, Mass., and the Italian National Institute for Astrophysics
-- Arvind Parmar, head of Astrophysics and Fundamental Physics Missions Division, European Space Agency
Live stream by Ustream
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Intellectually Gifted Kids And Learning Disabilities Often Go Hand In Hand
- Another One Bites The Dust - WW Cross Section Gets Back Where It Belongs
- Why It Took Big Humans To Populate Europe
- Spring Flukes: New 3-Sigma Signals From LHCb And ATLAS
- New Autism-causing Genetic Variant Identified
- Study Shows Association Between Migraine And Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- "You are comparing apples and oranges with your 14% and 4% figures. Rogers' number includes ADHD..."
- "Who are we kidding our education systems (worldwide) are designed for the average child? Yes there..."
- " Fermi's Paradox seems to be assuming advanced civilizations would be biologic lifeforms instead..."
- "Ginger ale may be as close to salty as I can go...."
- "Hi Hank - lots of good comments - some I agree with - others not so much, LOL. The old saying of..."
- Global warming not fueling pine beetle outbreaks in western U.S.
- Illegal cocoa farms threaten Ivory Coast primates
- Zeiss semiconductor imaging tech creates a 'Google Maps' for the body
- Short bouts of high-intensity exercise before a fatty meal best for vascular health
- 1 of 32 hockey helmets earn 3-star rating