Get your 'false equivalence' disclaimers ready, uber-progressive metropolitan San Francisco is once again leading America in anti-science beliefs. Unlike something silly and annoying, like acceptance of evolution, progressive anti-science kills people.
The Waldorf School of the Peninsula in Los Altos, California, at a cool $24,000 per year for high school students, is delightfully kooky in its mission statement and its desire to frame education through social justice issues. Hey, I don't care about that, people with money can send their kids to anything they want, be it religious or morally relativistic postmodernism like this, but even religious people accept that vaccines are good for kids.
Not so for the anti-science hippies sending their kids to this place. Look at this chart, courtesy of The Bay Citizen:
That's a shocking level below herd immunity, even below the anti-science hippies in Seattle. 73% 'personal belief' exemption, which is codespeak for 'we do not accept science'. Does conservative Alabama have this dangerous anti-science belief? No they do not.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Bee Deaths Mystery Solved? Neonicotinoids (Neonics) May Actually Help Bee Health
- Mystery Virus That Turned Starfish Into Goo Identified
- Interstellar Is A Dangerous Fantasy Of US Colonialism
- Lightning Strikes In England: The Sun Did It
- Extraordinary Claims: Review My Paper For $10
- The Internet Of Things And Security: Will A Hacker Stop Your Heart Or Car?
- Xi_b: LHC Discovers Two New Particles In The Baryon Family!
- "this like CC is driven by money. Scientist see it as a never ending supply of grant money...."
- "The nanoprobes required to assimilate a human into the HollywOrg were only developed on a very..."
- "About the most ridiculous movie review I've ever read! What, no other nits to pick?..."
- "No no Jheri curl. Maybe the future could be as racially diverse and feminist empowered as..."
- "Yes I am aware and chose to address the Conversation as a single publishing entity or author of..."