Get your 'false equivalence' disclaimers ready, uber-progressive metropolitan San Francisco is once again leading America in anti-science beliefs. Unlike something silly and annoying, like acceptance of evolution, progressive anti-science kills people.
The Waldorf School of the Peninsula in Los Altos, California, at a cool $24,000 per year for high school students, is delightfully kooky in its mission statement and its desire to frame education through social justice issues. Hey, I don't care about that, people with money can send their kids to anything they want, be it religious or morally relativistic postmodernism like this, but even religious people accept that vaccines are good for kids.
Not so for the anti-science hippies sending their kids to this place. Look at this chart, courtesy of The Bay Citizen:
That's a shocking level below herd immunity, even below the anti-science hippies in Seattle. 73% 'personal belief' exemption, which is codespeak for 'we do not accept science'. Does conservative Alabama have this dangerous anti-science belief? No they do not.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- The Strange Organic Molecules In Titan's Atmosphere
- Researchers Created A Laser Bullet To See What It Would Look Like - And Here It Is
- Will Holding Thermal Printer Paper Really Send Your BPA Levels Soaring?
- The Quote Of The Week - Shocked And Disappointed
- As The Weather Changes, So Do Beliefs About Climate Change
- How Gut Bacteria Ensure A Healthy Brain – and Could Play A Role In Treating Depression
- Moderate Pot Use By Adolescents Doesn't Hurt IQ
- "I do not work for any government agency, but I do understand statistics. If that one study referenced..."
- "To me, it reads like, if people can't use the website they will have to use call centers and that..."
- "If the objective of this article is to help add to the confusion, I believe that can be achieved..."
- "Anonymous, like all of the other consensus scientists are just plain wrong. The warming shown in..."
- "Isn't the author the same guy that created the fake hockey stick graph?..."
- Addiction can be measured by epigenetics
- Coffee grounds turned biofuel can heat your home
- Bill and Melinda Gates on GMOs: ‘Poor farmers should not be denied choice of life-saving tools’
- Why do foodies love organics? Because they taste like McDonald’s!
- GMO milk? An enviros dream innovation that most enviros oppose
- National Wildlife Refuge System bans on GMOs and neonics lack transparency, scientific rationale
- TCGA study improves understanding of genetic drivers of thyroid cancer
- Helping sweet cherries survive the long haul
- Study finds significant increase in type 1 diabetes rates among non-Hispanic white youth
- Study: Some online shoppers pay more than others
- Wayne State researcher finds key signaling pathway in cause of preeclampsia