Get your 'false equivalence' disclaimers ready, uber-progressive metropolitan San Francisco is once again leading America in anti-science beliefs. Unlike something silly and annoying, like acceptance of evolution, progressive anti-science kills people.
The Waldorf School of the Peninsula in Los Altos, California, at a cool $24,000 per year for high school students, is delightfully kooky in its mission statement and its desire to frame education through social justice issues. Hey, I don't care about that, people with money can send their kids to anything they want, be it religious or morally relativistic postmodernism like this, but even religious people accept that vaccines are good for kids.
Not so for the anti-science hippies sending their kids to this place. Look at this chart, courtesy of The Bay Citizen:
That's a shocking level below herd immunity, even below the anti-science hippies in Seattle. 73% 'personal belief' exemption, which is codespeak for 'we do not accept science'. Does conservative Alabama have this dangerous anti-science belief? No they do not.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Will Female Viagra Be An FDA Boner?
- Grading The President's Strategy To Promote Bee Health
- Mystery Of Morgellons - Disease Or Delusion - Scientific Hypothesis Of Connection With Lyme Disease
- Catechins In Green Tea Reduce Prostate Cancer In Men At High Risk
- The Atlantic Ocean's Cool Phase Will Change The World's Weather
- Highlights Of The INFN School Of Statistics For Physicists
- Programmatic Marketing: Sometimes It Actually Is Rocket Science
- "Thanks for the excellent analysis. Compare it, though, to the recent material here in S2.0 about..."
- "We usually tried to avoid ethanol for obvious reasons, but were fine with DMSO. Didn't much care..."
- "When that paragraph started, I assumed it was one of the practical physics challenges as part of..."
- "This is celastrol, the active compound under investigation. I looked up the page for Tripterygium..."
- "Right now, at efficacious doses, we are getting it into solution with PEG and ethanol. If I wanted..."