It's that time of year again - All Hallows Eve - and that means an upsurge in witch sightings which inevitably leads to impromptu witch trials.
As much as we appreciate that the residents of Salem do not passively sit back and wait for our just and benevolent God to find Mercy on the souls of witches, we think some guidelines are in order for the corporeal world so we want to clarify some things about the Court of Oyer and Terminer.
Beware wily seductresses and their demonic incantations!
Already in this year of Our Lord 1692, ye good citizens were able to uncover over 100 cases of witchcraft. That may sound like a high number of outsiders but everyone knows that once you let one witch in, they all swarm, so officials are not surprised. Widow McDonald, with her keen perception, uncovered 11 herself in the form of annoying teenagers.
Recent increases in awareness have not been without obstacles in resolution. Five women uncovered the witchery of Giles Corey in April and it took until September to crush him to death with stones, despite Exodus clearly stating "Thou shall not suffer a witch to live." We have seen the problems and are working on it.
To help speed up the deaths of witches, we are implementing the following: British common law says that a person is innocent until proven guilty but witches are not people, so we have resolved to adapt the progressive, modern inquisitorial approach versus the more conservative adversarial system. We have also resolved that, in addition to confession or two eyewitness testimonies, spectral evidence may also be considered. Witch Marks and the Touching Test are also completely acceptable.
We received a petition to allow witches to be burned rather than hanged and we have considered the matter and denied it. The last thing we need is for our fair city to get the reputation we burn people; once that kind of rumor starts it never leaves you. We are not pagan savages, we hang people, which has been scientifically proven to be the most humane way to send witches to Hell.
For more details, please see this outstanding work by Barrister Lyonette Louis-Jacques
We hope that this answers your questions and you enjoy this Hallowed Evening.
Jebediah Campbell, Esquire
Salem, Massachusetts, 1692
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- USDA Microbiologist Warns Bacteria In Vaping Products May Be A Health Concern
- Kudos To "The Independent" Newspaper For Debunking Nibiru "Blood Moon" Hoax
- Free Market Validation: Men With Hair Transplants Are Seen As Younger, More Attractive
- Sudden Death In Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy - The Exercise Didn't Do It
- Your Microbiome Did Not Cause Your Weight Problem
- A Great Blitz Game
- Control Cancer By Making The Tumor Cell Environment Hostile
- "You have a point. Let me find out how this got misconstrued...."
- "So what's your excuse? Try googling the actual study abstract, it's called 'Bacterial Populations..."
- "It seems to me to be the ultimate in irony to commit suicide now, because of the belief that in..."
- "The image problem with the vaping community is that proponents smack of zealotry. This is a great..."
- "Sigh. Not only is it common sense to wash out your drinking cup/a vaping device tip, my own dental..."
- How Herpes Drugs Work
- The Infrared Sauna: Hollywood's Hot, Pricey 'Magic' Box
- E-Cigarette Flavors, Biotech Courts And More Media Links
- <a href="/news/2016/08/29/pediatricians-crack-down-anti-vaxx-parents-policy-report-says-9930">Pediatricians To Crack Down On Anti-Vaxx Parents, Policy Report Says <i class="fa fa-angle-double-right"></i></a>
- <a href="/news/2016/08/29/high-drug-costs-blame-playa-or-play-9873">High Drug Costs - Blame The Playa Or The Play? <i class="fa fa-angle-double-right"></i></a>
- <a href="/node/9873">High Drug Costs - Blame The Playa Or The Play? <i class="fa fa-angle-double-right"></i></a>
- Researchers identify characteristic chemical signature for chronic fatigue syndrome
- Isotope study determines fish were more prominent in early Alaskans' diets
- Tiny changes in Parkinson's protein can have 'dramatic' impact on processes behind onset
- Climate change has less impact on drought than previously expected
- Five-year study reveals patients operated on at night twice as likely to die as patients who have daytime operations