So the only food that we knew could survive the apocalypse has been driven out of business by its own employees, who also teamed up with single mothers, minorities and atheists to overwhelmingly re-elect a guy determined to jump off a fiscal cliff right just before the end of the world was long projected - December of 2012.
Well played, Mayans.
As Twinkies go, so goes America. Without junk food and $6 billion Navy destroyers, we are doomed. Really, America was the only variable the Mayans had to be worried about come December 21st, 2012, when they emerge from their LHC-created black hole with an army powered by strangelet weapons. But the government is not taking it seriously and is instead pumping out almost 70 new regulations every day, which, since that is more jobs than Americans now get per day, gives writers at National Review something to complain about - but also distracts regular people from the real problem; the fifth columnists who have been paving the way for our future Mayan overlords.
Some people saw it coming but those evil pagans planted inside science media companies were covering it all up. People tried to note the increase in earthquakes, for example, but corporate writers are too busy blaming everything on global warming. Others tried to headfake the world with the claim that the Mayan calendar was not ending for good, it was just ending like ours ends every year and they said the Mayans didn't think anyone would be dumb enough not to know calendars start over. Stupid science, part of the blame is on your head for putting ours in the sand.
Supermoons, Nibiru, the signs have all been there but, no, we have been worried about new ways to regulate how little water is in a toilet flush while suing cities when their creek has too much rain. Did anyone heed the warnings by environmentalists that fracking was causing the earth to deflate? Very few.
Doomsday Preppers are actually quite late to the party. The American 'Science Czar' John Holdren is in his fifth decade of forecasting the apocalypse and environmentalists have been preaching the end of the world just as long. Both think solar power will save the 1% of people with enough sunlight to matter. Credit: National Geographic
The public sees through the media smokescreen about the end of the world. "Doomsday Preppers" is the highest rated show on National Geographic channel, it even beats out their programming on teen exorcists and cops in Alaska, gun sales are through the roof and various states want to secede from others so they don't get dragged to some special Hell for secular people. Giant environmental 'non-profit' corporations are advocating ways to keep poor people blind, when they aren't starving, and think the best energy solution is from 800 A.D. When was the last time the Mayans reigned? 800 A.D. Call that coincidence if it helps.
Dear Mayans: Is it too late to take back all the ridicule? We were just having a little fun, hanging out with the cool kids, making some jokes. At least one forward-thinking city has banned Big Gulps so no further demonstrations about the power of supernatural belief are actually needed; I bet if you just show up with food stamps and Wal-Mart gift cards people will let you take over peacefully.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- How A Former Naturopath Can Help Unravel The Trickery of Alternative Medicine
- Can A New Rule Trigger A Second EU Referendum? Petition Signatures Over 10% Of Total Votes Cast
- Better Brains With Beer
- What Did Earth's Ancient Magnetic Field Look Like?
- Some Celiac Disease May Be Due To Viruses
- Beneficial Bacteria May Protect Breasts From Cancer
- Finding All-Hadronic Top - Again
- "You are a very ignorant, and uneducated person. You have just cost so many many people life saving..."
- "Okay, on the last point first, yes there was fraud detected and 77,000 fraudulent entries..."
- "Yes, your system does sound very complex also :). I don't really understand it in detail and it's..."
- "Well that's America for you,. Having to pay retarded prices for your meds and treatment, You never..."
- "It sounds somewhat familiar. Just has here in the states we elect people to A..."
- Anti-Intellectualism Is Biggest Threat to Modern Society
- Chemistry Can Help Roast the Perfect Coffee Bean
- What Happens To A Soccer Player’s Brain After Missing A Penalty Kick
- It’s Back to Shots for Flu Prevention
- ACSH Applauds Media Awareness of the Fentanyl Crisis
- Counting Bites Examined, to Help Decrease Food Intake
- How to stop the United Nations from abusing its immunity
- Study examines quality of end life care for patients with different illnesses
- Improvements needed in end-of-life care for patients with organ failure
- Georgetown Institute launches real-time study of smartphone fertility app use
- After Brexit, Italy May Be Next