- What Is A Sinkhole And Why Do Sinkholes Form?
Evaporite rocks are in 35-40% of the US, but at various depths, which is why not all areas are equally ...
Article - News Staff - Jun 1 2010 - 9:56am
- Stop Making Earthquake Forecasts Using Flawed Methodology
incorporated in the initial design of the Fukushima nuclear power plants,” he writes. All of Japan is at risk ...
Article - News Staff - Apr 13 2011 - 2:00pm
- A Vulcanologist's Holiday Snaps
the relationship between them all. Armed with this knowledge I set out to collect samples from as ...
Article - Gareth Fabbro - Jul 18 2011 - 8:20pm
- Earth Science Bonanza- American Geophysical Union (AGU) Fall meeting 2011
to my talks I have plenty of other meetings. Most work and very little play. All the same San ...
Blog Post - Bente Lilja Bye - Dec 5 2011 - 6:22am
- Why Have There Been So Many Earthquakes Recently?
earthquakes? It's after all a rather random threshold to have chosen. Shearer and Stark (2012) have noted ...
Article - Oliver Knevitt - Jan 23 2012 - 11:29pm
- Is That A Volcano You Smell 5 Miles In The Air?
for you and all people on the airplane,” said Sievers. Volcanic ash and sulphur dioxide can spread ...
Article - News Staff - Sep 5 2012 - 11:10am
- New Mineral Qingsongite Discovered
Riverside. “All other known boron minerals are found at Earth’s surface. About 180 million years ago the ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 4 2013 - 10:46am
- Jupiter Geology: Ganymede Gets Global
Propulsion Lab, was part of the team during postdoctoral studies at Brown. "I'm so glad all that ...
Article - News Staff - Feb 12 2014 - 4:54pm
- Is Severe Drought Causing The Western US To Geologically Lift?
a Scripps assistant research geophysicist, kept noticing the same pattern over the 2003-2014 period: All of ...
Article - News Staff - Aug 22 2014 - 6:30am
- Acid Rain Of 250,000,000 B.C.
College London, said, “The end of the Permian was a major catastrophe for Earth, which saw nearly all ...
Article - News Staff - Mar 18 2020 - 8:45am