Just a note, awaiting for my submission to the arxiv, to mention that my request here for a ghost writer to help me put together a proceedings paper for the PIC 2009 conference has been successful.
The paper (here in the version which will be published) has me listed as author, but the real author of the text and layout is the one I acknowledge at the end, Eleni Petrakou. She put together a very clean article, which required almost no editing on my part. Thanks to her, I did not let the PIC09 organizers down and actually submitted what they asked -albeit with a few days of delay. I would not have been able to do it otherwise, because I was swamped by a few other obligations (and not stimulated enough to go the extra mile, because the space limitation for the proceedings paper prevented me from being creative in the text).
Eleni gets acknowledged in the paper, plus she wins a copy of the proceedings (when I get it) and a cool T-shirt. Hank, would you oblige ? Details by email.
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- Today's Global Warming Is Nothing Special
- Conservation Of Massive: When You Lose Weight, Where Does The Fat Go?
- Curiosity Detects Spike In Methane, And Other Organic Molecules, On Mars
- New Limits On VY Production From CDF: Good, But Also Disappointing
- There Was No 'Paleo Diet' - Ancient People Ate What They Had
- To Be Cool Kids, Are We Programmed To Make Bad Decisions?
- Physics is too hard for women, according to female physics students
- "This research has virtually no bearing on the problem of AGW. Survival of early life is not the..."
- "I would have also checked vitamin D status. UVA breaks down vitamin A..."
- "Every day it is becoming harder to subscribe to the 'Fanaticism Of The Apocalypse' as it is applied..."
- "Curious conversation tactic. By the warming in the 1930s I guess you mean the small part of the..."
- "Though high-profile tragedies get mainstream media attention, the gun ban contingent has lost a..."
- New hope for rare disease drug development
- Life expectancy increases globally as death toll falls from major diseases
- The Lancet: World population gains more than 6 years of life expectancy since 1990
- Big data may be fashion industry's next must-have accessory
- Weigh-in once a week or you'll gain weight