The HRP-4C from the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology in Japan, a descendant of the HRP-4 humanoid robot that sent normal people into uncanny valley creepiness territory last year, can sing now.
Clearly catering toward Japanese men, this new fembot is a waif-like 5'2", looks really, really young and likely will have lasers or at least Vulcan cannons that come out of her arms in future models - you know, for fighting off the vampires who will be resurrected after an atomic apocalypse in the future that happens in every Japanese story these days.
To do the singing, they replaced the older human voice mapped to facial movements with a synthesized robot voice imitating a human. Is it good? It's accurate, so if you can listen to that Fergie person in the Black Eyes Peas there's no difference in the level of technology to keep them both on pitch. Fergie certainly dances better as you will see in the video below.
One clever enhancement pointed out by TechNewsDaily is breathing - software anticipates where a Human 1.0 would draw a breath while singing and the action and a subtle sound is generated.
Is it creepy? Sure, to normal men, but so is Lady Gaga.
Here's the video, courtesy of Diginfonews in Tokyo:
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES
- EARTH SCIENCES
- LIFE SCIENCES
- SOCIAL SCIENCES
Subscribe to the newsletter
Stay in touch with the scientific world!
Know Science And Want To Write?
- A Dimuon Particle At 30 GeV In ALEPH ??
- President Obama, Why Humans On Mars Right Now Are Bad For Science
- Who Is Trying To Destroy The Internet?
- DDoS war: How zombie fridges bit the internet in the a$$ today.
- A Racist On The Jews: Let The Donald Trump!
- Metaphors in Quantum Mechanics
- Journalists - Please Fact Check Your "Doomsday" News Stories -They Terrify Young Children And Vulnerable People
- "/* Hallelujah, HEP is saved! */ Are we doing research for saving some branch of physics? The science..."
- "Right, actually praying for something not to happen just focuses your mind on it - it doesn't tend..."
- "It's nonsense. He gives no sources and no astronomical reasoning at all. He makes it a matter of..."
- "Ive got a baby mr walker that i love with all my heart and this just petrifies me i keep getting..."
- "Sorry mr walker his name is spelt kinaeth madison he seems a very very big beliver in nibiru but..."
- The Math of Hunting and Fishing: When to Work Together
- Placebo: Bubbles Of Nothing Are Still Not Something
- People Who Take Drugs May Be Likelier to Commit Suicide
- Improved 'Screen Time' Guidelines Could Make Parents & Kids Happier
- Dr. Jamie Wells Named One Of America's Top Pediatricians
- Why Did EPA Delay Its Glyphosate Safety Report?